Business Intelligence Support Analyst, Hachette IT
Who we are and what we do
Hachette UK is a leading UK publishing group. The group is made up of ten autonomous publishing divisions and over fifty imprints with a rich and diverse history. Hachette UK is owned by Hachette Livre, the world’s second largest trade and educational publisher, and also has subsidiaries in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and India as well as working closely with our sister company in the USA, Hachette Book Group.
Our publishers Headline, Hodder & Stoughton, John Murray Press, Quercus, Bookouture, Little, Brown and Orion publish award-winning fiction and non-fiction; Hachette Children’s Group publishes a wide and vibrant range of books for children across many age ranges. Octopus publishes a distinctive array of illustrated books under a variety of imprints including the well-known Philip’s maps & globes, and Hodder Education is a market leader in resources for both primary and secondary schools. Hachette UK Distribution provides distribution services to all Hachette publishers and a number of third party clients.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working within the group IT function of Hachette within the Publishing Systems support dept. The objective of this role is to assist with the development and rollout out of the Business Intelligence product(s). And to provide second line support and triage of queries, user training and analysis of change requests. The role holder will act as a conduit between Group IT and its customers, assuring an effective flow of communication and supporting customers in adapting a self service approach to BI products.
The role will work closely with staff from across the HUK divisions to promote knowledge sharing and the implementation of common best practices across reporting. It will also be responsible for supporting any approved changes requests through the entire development lifecycle to ensure that they meet the agreed specification. Other respoinsabilities would include:
- Design and build Cognos analytic reports/dashboards/active reports.
- Provide support and training where required to the entire BI user base at Hachette. This will include managing key stakeholders at all levels across the business.
- Collate and understand business reporting requirements, translating these into functional specifications and ‘live’ reports.
- Provide the link between the customer, development team and any third party regarding reporting software functionality, throughout the development lifecycle.
- Be a liaison point between the BI Product owner, business divisions, technology teams and support teams.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone with a passion for Business Intelligence and Reporting in general. Someone with an excellent commitment to customer service, and a keen eye for detail. Ideally you would have an interest in Books and publishing. We are looking for someone with Cognos 11 front end experience, but will be happy to provide training in this area if a candidate with the right ‘passion’ and commitment to reporting in general is interested. Other skills may include:
- Business process understanding.
- Analytical skills including business analysis capabilities.
- Detailed understanding of front end reporting tools eg Cognos
- Effective communicator to “Customer”, “User” and technical teams.
- Ability to communicate with and manage the relationship with Stakeholders across all levels of the Hachette business.
- Effective problem solving and planning skills.
- Develop a strong understanding of the data within the Hachette business systems & data warehouse.
- Pro-active in self-development and building awareness of BI tools and best practice.
- Pro-active in working with business users in their own environment and understanding commercial drivers.
What we offer
This role is based in our London office, as part of an experienced team in a creative and dynamic working environment, and offers a competitive salary, bonus potential and benefits package.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.