Children's Key Account Executive (Parental Leave Cover), Hachette UK
Who we are and what we do
Hachette UK is a leading UK publishing group, made up of ten autonomous publishing divisions and over fifty imprints with a rich and diverse literary history. Hachette UK aims to be the publisher and employer of choice for all people, and is a dynamic, fun place to work, where we are committed to Changing the Story. The Non Trade Sales team represent HCG, Little, Brown, Orion, Hodder, Headline, John Murray Press, Quercus and Octopus publishing, maximizing incremental sales for the business in both the UK and Export markets.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Children’s Key Account Manager you will be responsible for maximising the sales and profitability of titles from across the list, working specifically on two mass market key accounts, assisting on another, driving sales through the independents working closely with the Field Sales Director and our Marketing and Publicity teams, and providing some administration support to the sales team.
The role would suit somebody with experience in UK trade publishing sales, or sales support, who is looking to gain experience in managing their own accounts. A knowledge of the children’s book market would be preferable.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a strong team player who is commercially astute and aware with experience working in UK trade publishing sales or sales support.
You will need to be an excellent communicator and have strong organisational skills with the confidence to work with several customers and internal stakeholders at any one time. The ideal candidate will be commercial, pay close attention to detail, have the ability to multitask and take initiative as well as being an excellent team player.
The key tasks of the role will include, but are not limited to the following:
· Attend all relevant internal meetings, giving relevant feedback on behalf of your customers to feed into publishing strategy
· Attend and lead relevant customer meetings.
· Monitor monthly sales and spend for your two key accounts to ensure all divisional targets are met.
· Provide sales support to the Key Account Manager, creating presentations, processing orders, raising PO’s and dealing with any associated queries.
· Work with the Field Sales Director and Marketing and Publicity teams in order to develop strategy on the direct-to-bookseller social channels in order to grow sales through independents, with a focus on five specific accounts .
· Provide sales support to the Group Sales Director on selected accounts, as and when required.
· Providing a level of administration support to the Children’s Sales Team, including scheduling meetings, taking minutes and maintaining grids.
Excellent Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint) are essential.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package together with a creative and exciting working environment. Holiday leave is set to 25 days and Bank holidays.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews and undertaking internships. For more information visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org