Customer Service Export Trade Team Leader
What you’ll be doing
On a day to day basis you will be leading and managing the Export Trade team within the Customer Services department and dealing with all aspects of engagement, empowerment, motivation, performance management, sickness absence management and staff related issues whilst ensuring your team provide a first class service to our global customer base.
This means on a typical day you could be managing the workflows and resource, whilst working to agreed deadlines, service levels and KPI’s, being solution-focused in order to be a trusted partner to our customers and publishers, training and developing your team, conducting 1:1’s and team meetings.
As part of the Export Customer Services team you will be working to ensure all your team targets are met, demonstrating and instilling in your team growth mindset, by working with your team to promote change that will improve customer experience and ensure continued high standards of quality and productivity are maintained.
This role offers the opportunity to become an essential part of the Customer Services Leadership team and gain lots of experience regarding distribution and elements of the publishing industry.
Who we are looking for
Do you drive engagement within your team? Do you lead and motivate to create a high performing team? Do you exceed your line managers expectations by taking ownership and being a solution-focused leader? Do you make an effort to build strong and trusted relationships with your team? If so, we would love to receive your application as we are recruiting an Export Customer Services Team Leader.
Why should you be excited about this opportunity? Well, Hachette UK Distribution has seen real growth in the past 5 years, moved into a new state of the art facility and has built a reputation for being ‘best in class’ in our industry.
You will live and breathe our Customer Service Vision and have a passionate and proactive approach to delivering excellent customer service via your team. You will enjoy liaising with, and collaboratively working with, the Operations team and Credit Services team as well as our client publishers to resolve issues and proactively seek to continuously improve processes and procedures.
The Required Skills and Competencies:
- Develop effective working relationships with clients and customers to become a trusted partner. This includes being involved in regular meetings with customers and publishers, ranging from attendance to running the meeting.
- Assist the team members with their personal development through identifying skills gaps via coaching/1-2-1 sessions, appraisals, training, and up skilling.
- Communicate effectively with the team in respect of day-to-day activity, organising workflows and managing work volumes.
- Produce and publish reports as required relating to KPIs, SLAs, and productivity.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure full root and branch analysis is complete when problems arise and put remedial steps in place to reduce the risk of the same problem recurring.
- Ensure Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental standards and all related company policies are adhered to, raising any issues to the relevant parties as appropriate
It is highly likely that you will already have proven experience of working in the following roles and or industries: Customer Service Team Leader, Customer Service Advisor, Customer Account Manager, Customer Support Leader, Customer Experience, Customer Excellence, Telesales, Call Centre, Hospitality, Retail.
What we offer
Our people are our greatest asset and our benefits reflect this.
Therefore, we offer an extensive list of benefits that include:
- 33 days annual holiday including Bank Holidays
- a reward programme giving Discounts, savings and cash back at numerous retailers
- generous discounts on books we publish
- Pension Plan and Life Assurance schemes
- Company enhanced family policy including maternity, paternity and shared parental
- Mental Health First Aiders / Champions and an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- DSE eye care vouchers
- a wide-ranging training library
- development programmes including mentoring
- many employee networks to join
- free onsite parking
- free tea and coffee
- Staff Events e.g. Burrito van, Pie van, Ice Cream van, Staff Party
- Creating an environment of inclusion so everyone can be their true self #Ibelong #AndSoDoYou #OneTeam
Following your initial training period which will be office based (in Didcot, Oxfordshire), you will be able to make the most of the current hybrid model. The hours will be 9am to 5pm (35 hours per week) with a one hour lunch break working Monday to Friday.
Who we are and what we do
We, Hachette UK Distribution, are the leading book distribution company in the UK. We are one of the most advanced distribution centres in Europe, with leading-edge automation and modern systems which will ensure world-class service to customers and publisher clients. We ship in excess of 60 million books globally each year and supply one out of every four books to the UK trade.
Our mission is to make it easy for everyone, everywhere, to unlock new worlds of ideas, learning, entertainment and opportunity.
Hachette UK Distribution is part of the Hachette UK publishing group.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
We will notify all candidates of the outcome of their application.