Data Analyst, Hachette UK
What you’ll be doing
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated analyst to join our commercial team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of commercial, customer and digital sales and profit performance, making recommendations for improvement and monitoring the impact of changes
- Presenting insight and data to colleagues across the business, including divisional directors, providing direct feedback on strategy as required
- Conducting research and experimentation into pricing across print and digital titles across a range of authors and genres to establish optimum pricing
- Interpreting internal and external data to inform and advise divisional strategy (publishing categories, company acquisitions, budgeting and long-range planning, etc)
- Supporting the commercial team on data projects, helping with reporting and analysis of large datasets
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have exceptional analytical, organisational and communication skills. You will be highly numerate, confident handling large data sets and able to communicate financial information to non-finance colleagues in an engaging way. A statistics, technical or computing background with a keen interest in books and knowledge of the publishing process is advantageous. You will also have excellent excel skills and strategy capability, with proven experience in using data to support and influence business decisions.
What we offer
Our staff are our greatest asset and our benefits reflect this. In addition to 25 days annual leave days per year + bank holidays, we have an extensive list of benefits that include: a wide-ranging training library, development programmes including mentoring, Cycle to Work vouchers, Private Medical Insurance, eye care vouchers, up to 70% off book purchases, a charity book shelf, 2 volunteer days per year to use at your charity of choice, many employee networks to join, delicious subsidized canteen food, summer hours (finishing at 1pm on Fridays during the summer months!), season ticket loans, rent deposit loans, generous pension schemes and much more!
The role will begin working from home due to ongoing Covid19 restrictions, but once normality resumes this role will be based at our London office, Carmelite House, with a blend of in-office (3 days) and homeworking (2 days) per week.
Who we are and what we do
Hachette UK is a leading UK publishing group. The group is made up of ten autonomous publishing divisions and over fifty imprints with a rich and diverse history. The growing Commercial Analysis team works across our trade publishers: Headline, Hodder & Stoughton, John Murray Press, Quercus, Bookouture, Little, Brown, Orion, Hachette Children's Group and Octopus, covering sales across all formats to digital and online customers.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews and undertaking junior roles. For more information visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org