Digital Assistant, Octopus Publishing Group
Who we are and what we do
Octopus Publishing Group publishes award-winning non-fiction products across a range of subject areas: art and photography, business, cookery, MBS, narrative non-fiction and humour and gift. The Digital team creates and manages all digital products for Octopus’ imprints.
What you’ll be doing
Assisting Octopus Group Head of Digital in keeping audiobook, ebook and other digital projects on schedule and to budgeted costs.
- Take responsibility for ebook creation, from handover of final book files to publication, managing schedule and budgets to agreed levels.
- Brief and manage external ebook conversion houses.
- Support the testing and proofreading of selected products.
- Ensure approved ebook assets are loaded to DAM (Digital Asset Management system), and that DAM hosts the latest approved assets for our complete catalogue at all times.
- Coordinate with Editorial Assistant to ensure ebook, audiobook and app metadata is accurate on Biblio six months ahead of publication and beyond.
- Action all ebook reprint and other corrections.
- Maintain effective communication with Editors and external ebook suppliers, keeping them informed of schedules at all times.
- Report on ebook schedule and progress of all other projects to line manager and keep them informed of any changes in content, budget, etc.
- Schedule audio recordings and manage audio assets for distribution
- Respond to customer queries regarding digital products.
- Provide general administrative and editorial support to Octopus Group Head of Digital according to business requirements.
Who we’re looking for
- High level of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Ability to provide guidance and support to external/freelance suppliers
- Ability to use own initiative, work autonomously and make decisions
- Excellent command of English language with strong proofreading and copy-writing skills
- Sound editorial judgement and ability to implement best practice across projects
What we offer
We’re a small and friendly team that can offer great experience, and training and development for someone interested in digital publishing.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
We also recognise the importance of a good work life balance, and champion flexible working, including part-time and job shares for all our roles. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process if this is something you want to explore.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.