Digital Project Manager, Hodder Education
What you’ll be doing
You will join the Digital Product Team to help shape and deliver innovative digital products and services, designed to transform the lives of teachers and students alike. Helping to evolve digital learning experiences, you will report to the Digital Programme Manager and will assist the Head of Digital in delivering and showcasing our digital roadmap.
As a Digital Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Scoping, planning, and delivering exciting new digital projects, including web and mobile applications.
- Managing the maintenance and delivery of new features across a portfolio of digital services.
- Keeping abreast of project statuses and risks, always thinking of ways to mitigate them with the help of project teams.
- Managing and reporting on project spend to key stakeholders.
- Leading and co-ordinating cross-functional project teams, including Developers, Marketing and Sales Managers, Editors, UX Designers and QA Engineers.
- Collaborating with Product Managers and Publishers to refine new product development requirements, ensuring they are customer-focused and informed by market-testing data, as well as UX/UI best practice.
- Collaborating with subject-matter experts to ensure digital products meet accessibility and inclusion standards.
- Co-ordinating the process of collating, checking, amending (where needed) and distributing of assets for key suppliers.
- Producing project specification documents and ‘user stories’ to inform product development.
- Managing the delivery and prioritisation of a product backlog using issue tracking tools (JIRA, Notion etc.).
Who we are looking for
- You are an inquisitive and driven Project Manager with experience in scoping and delivering digital products and services from inception to release.
- You are proficient in Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- You are resilient and a problem solver at heart. You know how to turn any obstacle into an exciting opportunity.
- You are charismatic leader and self-motivated team player.
- You have an interest in technology and possess technical proficiency in the context of software delivery, with a strong desire to keep learning and growing.
- You are an eloquent communicator, able to convert product requirements into clear technical briefs for developers.
- You are confident in leading cross-functional project teams, while reporting into a range of key stakeholders.
What we offer
Our staff are our greatest asset and our benefits reflect this. In addition to 25 days annual leave days per year + bank holidays, we have an extensive list of benefits that include: a wide-ranging training library, development programmes including mentoring, Cycle to Work vouchers, Private Medical Insurance, eye care vouchers, up to 70% off book purchases, a charity book shelf, 2 volunteer days per year to use at your charity of choice, many employee networks to join, delicious subsidized canteen food, summer hours (finishing at 1pm on Fridays during the summer months!), season ticket loans, rent deposit loans, generous pension schemes and much more!
Who we are and what we do
Hodder Education is a leading publisher within Hachette UK, one of the UK’s largest publishing groups. We publish a wide range of innovative print and digital services, designed for core UK and key international markets.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.