Enterprise Infrastructure Manager, Hachette IT
What you’ll be doing
As the Enterprise Infrastructure Manager, you will be responsible for the successful operational delivery of all network and infrastructure services across the HUK estate.
Day to day activities and responsibilities may include:
- Ensure the provision of an efficient and effective operation of the IT infrastructure
- Manage overall team resource allocation, productivity and effectiveness.
- Management for all appropriate contract maintenance lines and individual projects.
- Management of the relationship between Hachette IT and infrastructure related 3rd party product/service providers
- To manage incidents which affect service / may potentially affect service.
- Provision of Service Management statistics
- Contribute to the overall strategy and management of the infrastructure team
- Lead the continuous improvement of the infrastructure team
- Maintain consistent, accurate plans covering schedule, cost and resource, providing timely progress and performance reporting.
- Ensure that the backup and Disaster Recovery processes necessary to functionally recover systems and data to agreed SLA's
- Where required assist or lead on acquisition integration activities
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone with technical management experience who is an expert in providing highly available and reliable infrastructure services. The successful candidate is expected to have:
- Good understanding of IT operations and change processes
- Expert knowledge of enterprise level infrastructure technology
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility, with the ability to manage multiple actions at once
- Ability to translate technical subject matter into simple terms.
What we offer
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team and work on a wide variety of infrastructure related activities to help support business growth and flexible working initiatives.
There is room for professional development within the role and, as part of Hachette, you will benefit from an extensive training library and development schemes such as mentoring.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.