International Marketing Manager (Parental Leave Cover), Hodder Education
Who we are and what we do
The Hodder Education Group, part of Hachette UK, has consistently grown both internationally and in the UK. We work alongside schools and colleges around the world to create books and digital resources that help teachers, students and parents. We have a set of core values that drive our culture and enrich our working environment:
- Teachers and students are at the heart of what we do
- Quality in everything from our practices to our products
- Trustworthy in what we publish and how we interact
- Collaboration is key to how we work, internally and externally
The marketing team is a group of talented people who are creative, customer focused and keen to try out new ideas to generate the best response.
What you’ll be doing
This is a pivotal role in the marketing team. You will be responsible for leading the international marketing team (of 3), developing our strategic approach and ensuring our marketing activity delivers results. At a time of significant curriculum change you’ll be working to tight deadlines and challenging targets. You will:
- Develop marketing strategy for a defined area / list of resources
- Create impactful and measurable on and offline marketing campaigns which directly drive sales
- Ensure marketing supports the strategic direction of the businesses – update and report to directors on strategy, provide evaluation on results and outline any necessary adjustments to plans
- Plan, manage and report on budget spend
- Identify and develop relationships with key influencers and partners to enhance brand and marketing activities/drive sales where appropriate
- Work alongside publishing and sales teams to ensure all key stakeholders stay informed and involved in campaign strategy across lists
- Use market intelligence to understand customer need and therefore deliver an appropriate response / solution
You’ll need to work well within a team, working closely with the wider marketing team, the sales, publishing and digital teams.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who has demonstrable experience of creating strategic, results driven digital and print campaigns to help grow our market share and revenue. You’ll be a confident communicator and collaborator, keen to try new ideas and challenge the status quo. The ability to multi-task, take on new projects with ease and be flexible is also required.
You’ll have budgeting experience; understanding the process of allocation, monitoring, rephasing and spend and it’s impact on the P&L.
Previous marketing experience in education would be advantageous and previous experience in international markets is highly desirable.
What we offer
We offer a collaborative, focused environment within an enthusiastic and innovative team. As part of Hachette, you will have access to competitive benefits, an extensive training library and development schemes such as mentoring.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.