International Sales Assistant, Hachette UK
Who we are and what we do
Hachette UK is a leading UK publishing group. The group is made up of ten autonomous publishing divisions and over fifty imprints with a rich and diverse history.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in Group International Sales across four of these divisions; Hachette Children’s Group, Little, Brown Book Group, Octopus Publishing Group and Orion Publishing Group.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the International Sales Director (Closed Markets) you will be responsible for a ‘variety of tasks ranging from diary management and preparing sales meetings to analysing sales patterns, running reports and the creation of sales materials.
The successful candidate will be keen to learn new skills as well as have a willingness to go the extra mile to ensure tasks are completed and an excellent customer service is provided.
Who we’re looking for
The key tasks of the role will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide administration support to the International Sales Director and the territorial Sales Managers (ANZ, India, US and Canada)
- Diary management for International Sales Director and for overseas Hachette visitors to the UK office
- Preparation of sales materials for relevant territories (ANZ, India, US and Canada)
- Analysis of sales activity and patterns – contributing to monthly reports
- Prepare 6 monthly internal Group Highlights presentations
- Management of the Rolling Orderform – an essential sales tool for the International team
- Proof mailings
Publishing and/or international sales experience would be an advantage, as is any form of experience in an office environment. You’ll need to be proficient with Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and ideally have some experience with data analysis.
What we offer
An opportunity to gain insight into the world of International Sales within publishing. This role is based in our London office, as part of an experienced team in a creative and dynamic working environment.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.