International Sales Support, Hodder Education
Who we are and what we do
The Hodder Education Group, part of Hachette UK, has consistently grown both in the UK and internationally. We work alongside schools and colleges around the world to create books and digital resources that help teachers, students and parents. We have a set of core values that drive our culture and enrich our working environment:
- Teachers and students are at the heart of what we do
- Quality in everything from our practices to our products
- Trustworthy in what we publish and how we interact
- Collaboration is key to how we work, internally and externally
The international sales team is a group of talented and passionate people who are customer-focussed, sales driven and work collaboratively in all they do.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the International Sales Manager, you will be joining a growing and dynamic team of International sales professionals. You will be responsible primarily for providing customer support to teachers, booksellers and agents around the world as well as assisting the international sales team. Key responsibilities include:
- Building and developing strong customer relationships as the first point of contact for a high proportion of incoming customer emails.
- Ensuring that customer enquiries and orders are dealt with promptly and professionally to maintain the highest standard for the Hodder Education brand and reputation.
- Liaising with sales, editorial, production, marketing and distribution to ensure a clear flow of information to international customers.
- Advising schools, booksellers and agents about our product range.
- Providing quotations and order updates to our international customers.
- Supporting the international sales team.
- Maintaining a great working relationship with the customer service team at our distribution centre.
Attendance at the London and Frankfurt Bookfair will be required when they resume.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone with excellent written and verbal communication, who can offer excellent customer support. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, highly organised and able to work well independently as well as part of a team. Ability to manage a busy workload and prioritisation is required. A working knowledge of Excel is key alongside an ability to learn new processes and systems.
What we offer
As part of an experienced and friendly team in a dynamic working environment, we offer 25 days holiday per annum, a pension scheme, season ticket loan and further benefits. The role allows the candidate to work with a wide variety of different customers and markets.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews and undertaking junior roles. For more information visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org