International Teacher Training Manager, Hodder Education
Who we are and what we do
The Hodder Education Group, part of Hachette UK, has grown consistently both in the UK and internationally. We work alongside schools and colleges around the world to create educational resources, both digital and in print, that help teachers, students and parents. We have a set of core values that drive our culture and enrich our working environment:
- Teachers and students are at the heart of what we do
- Quality in everything from our practices to our published resources
- Trustworthy in what we publish and how we interact
- Collaboration is key to how we work, internally and externally
The international team is a group of talented and passionate people who are focussed on delivering quality resources and support to schools, and who work collaboratively in all that they do.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the International Sales Director, you will be joining a growing and dynamic team of International publishing professionals. You will be responsible for developing and managing the Hodder Education International teacher training programme. Your key responsibilities will include:
• Developing and managing the International teacher training programme, both physical and online.
• Motivating and organising a team of teacher trainers, both freelance and drawn from the author pool
• Building relationships with Hodder Education’s overseas distributors and sales agents
• Developing strong product knowledge across the Hodder Education, RS Assessment and Rising Stars print and digital lists
• Taking responsibility for organising the training of new trainers, including those from the author pool
• Working closely with the various International qualification and curriculum boards, and overseas Ministries of Education.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone with existing experience and a proven track record in delivering successful teacher training programmes. A good understanding of the international educational landscape is essential. Teaching experience is desirable but not essential.
What we offer
This role can be based in our London office on Victoria Embankment or from home with regular travel into the office. Some International travel will be required. The successful candidate will join an experienced, supportive and friendly team in a dynamic working environment, we offer 25 days holiday per annum, a pension scheme, and further benefits.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.