Junior Digital Product Manager, John Murray Press
What you’ll be doing
This is a new position for John Murray Learning designed to grow our digital capabilities, drive maximum performance of our existing digital products and platforms, help develop and support innovative new digital solutions including websites, apps, newsletters, libraries (databases), as well project manage the development of digital media including audio, ebooks, videos, etc. and improve corelist sales through backlist digital conversion and metadata improvement plans.
You will report into the new Head of Digital (HOD) with respect to JML digital project governance and have a dotted line to the Acting Editorial Manager for JML for editorial responsibilities.
- Product Management: Help manage the lifecycle of JML’s existing digital products and platforms (websites, digital libraries, apps), defining the development roadmap to improve the overall user experience, increase traffic, and boost revenue. This will also include things like supporting campaigns, creating and processing codes, managing customer support and monitoring piracy.
- Project Management: Provide editorial project management of new (frontlist) digital products, including digital-first & digital-only publishing, and all traditional digital formats (ebooks & audio), as well as digital backlist conversion projects, including managing freelancers and developers, and replacing and uploading content.
- Insight, Data and Analytics: Support the HOD, sales, marketing and publishing team by constantly monitoring and relaying performance analytics, including revenue; improving SEO and metadata, helping to create and measure content marketing campaigns, conducting market research and overseeing JML customer support
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with Digital Product and Editorial Project Management experience who:
- Has a good understanding of web/mobile platforms and UX best practices and the needs of the end user.
- Has exceptional organizational and project management skills with the ability to coordinate across multiple stakeholders,
- Can handle multiple projects simultaneously, manage complex processes and meet both short- and long-term deadlines.
- Has excellent writing and editorial skills with a meticulous eye for detail in both proofreading and distilling complex ideas into clear and concise briefs.
- Has experience managing schedules and budgets and understands the commercial implications of these
- Is familiar with using and evaluating web analytics using Google Analytics, and is able to interpret these to help shape future plans.
- Has used WordPress and other content management systems.
- Has a positive attitude and collaborative team orientation with a problem-solving mentality, able to both identify problems in advance and propose solutions.
Knowledge of a second language is a plus.
What we offer
This role offers the opportunity to work with a friendly and collaborative team on a wide variety of digital products in a new role which you will be able to help shape.
Our staff are our greatest asset and our benefits reflect this. In addition to 25 days annual leave days per year + bank holidays, we have an extensive list of benefits that include: a wide-ranging training library, development programmes including mentoring, Cycle to Work vouchers, Private Medical Insurance, eye care vouchers, up to 70% off book purchases, a charity book shelf, 2 volunteer days per year to use at your charity of choice, many employee networks to join, summer hours (finishing at 1pm on Fridays during the summer months!), season ticket loans, rent deposit loans, generous pension schemes and much more!
The role will be based at our London office, Carmelite House, with a blend of in-office (3 days) and homeworking (2 days) per week.
Who we are and what we do
John Murray Learning is a specialist educational imprint of John Murray Press and is home to innumerable bestsellers across multiple genres and some of the most acclaimed and admired global self-help, how-to and language brands. Featuring imprints and brands such as Teach Yourself, Michel Thomas, Sheldon Press and Chambers, John Murray Learning is the route to personal and professional success. .
NBPublishing is an international publisher of perennial bestsellers across coaching, leadership, personal development, popular psychology and finance. With offices in Boston and London, we have a uniquely international outlook. Our authors are award winning smart thinkers and leading experts in their fields.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews and undertaking junior roles. For more information visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org