Marketing Assistant, Hodder Education
What you’ll be doing
Hodder Education has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Assistant to join the secondary marketing team. This is an ideal role for someone looking to gain marketing skills and experience in educational publishing with a varied portfolio of responsibilities at the heart of a busy and collaborative team.
You will provide effective administrative support to all members of the secondary marketing team, with additional support for key digital marketing activities, and be responsible for taking on a variety of tasks that allow for the successful completion of planned marketing campaigns. The Marketing Assistant will be based in London or our Banbury office and will report directly to the Head of Secondary and FE Marketing.
Key tasks will include:
- Assisting with the design, production and distribution of marketing materials, in print and digital formats, for secondary print and digital publishing, events and magazines
- Using the Spirit CRM database to run datasets for the marketing team
- Providing support for essential website updates and assets
- Using the SAP system to process invoices and recording them on budget trackers
- Assisting the team with campaign analysis
- Setting up mailing codes and marketing-related ISBNs in Spirit and Biblio
- Assisting with digital marketing and social media campaigns for the team
- Researching and collating information for marketing presentations
- Creating and implementing own campaigns where appropriate
- Assisting on the creation and implementation of marketing campaigns such as order forms
- Providing administrative support including general enquiries, organising meetings
- Understanding the market and our customers
- Suggesting and implementing new ways to save time and money
Who we are looking for
- You show owner mentality – proactive in initiating processes that benefit the company, and which are results-oriented and responsive
- You understand our customers, their needs and aspirations
- You have a meticulous eye for detail and have strong copy-writing skills
- You have an excellent standard of written and spoken English
- You can communicate and build positive working relationship with contacts at all levels
- You work collaboratively and enthusiastically as part of a team
- You are highly organised
- You are computer literate and have knowledge of, or aptitude for, relevant applications/systems
- You have work or other experience demonstrating reliability and responsibility
- You have an interest in or affinity with the lists
What we offer
Our staff are our greatest asset and our benefits reflect this. In addition to 25 days annual leave days per year + bank holidays, we have an extensive list of benefits that include: a wide-ranging training library, development programmes including mentoring, Cycle to Work vouchers, Private Medical Insurance, eye care vouchers, up to 70% off book purchases, a charity book shelf, 2 volunteer days per year to use at your charity of choice, many employee networks to join, summer hours (finishing at 1pm on Fridays during the summer months!), season ticket loans, rent deposit loans, generous pension schemes and much more!
This role can be based at our London or Banbury office.
The role will begin working from home due to ongoing Covid19 restrictions, but once normality resumes this role will be based at one of our UK offices, with a blend of in-office (3 days) and homeworking (2 days) per week.
Who we are and what we do
The Hodder Education Group is a vibrant and growing business within the Hachette UK group. Over the past few years, guided by its core values which include ensuring teachers and students are at the heart of what we do, it has succeeded in winning market share through curriculum change in the UK and has significantly grown its international business in a wide range of markets. In addition, Hodder Education has made a string of successful acquisitions, building its primary strength with the addition of Rising Stars and Galore Park, its secondary strength with Illuminate Publishing, and growing through targeted list acquisition in the Caribbean and Singapore.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews and undertaking junior roles. For more information visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org