Marketing Executive/Senior Marketing Executive (parental leave cover), Hodder Education
What you’ll be doing
You will be planning and executing digital and offline campaigns for a specific list of titles across a number of subjects, within a specified budget. In this role you will:
- Develop marketing activities, alongside the Secondary and FE Marketing team, for defined subjects and resources – working with printers, mailing houses, freelance designers, etc
- Create impactful and measurable online and offline marketing campaigns that directly drive sales and increase customer retention
- Collaborate with your sales and publishing colleagues to ensure transparency in activity and results
- Use market intelligence to understand customer needs and therefore deliver an appropriate response / solution
- Use the CRM system effectively to datamine, segment and target campaigns
- Manage your budget and track spend for each subject area
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for someone who is keen to take their next step in marketing and take ownership of their own areas/lists. You’ll have a good understanding of the marketing mix and you should be able to multitask effectively. You’ll be proactive, have a can-do attitude and work well within a team.
What we offer
Our staff are our greatest asset and our benefits reflect this. In addition to 25 days annual leave days per year + bank holidays, we have an extensive list of benefits that include: a wide-ranging training library, development programmes including mentoring, eye care vouchers, up to 70% off book purchases, a charity book shelf, 2 volunteer days per year to use at your charity of choice, many employee networks to join, summer hours (finishing at 1pm on Fridays during the summer months!), season ticket loans, rent deposit loans, generous pension schemes and much more!
This role can be based at our London office, or at any of our new regional offices in Edinburgh, Newcastle, Manchester, Sheffield or Bristol, with a blend of in-office (3 days) and homeworking (2 days) per week.
Who we are and what we do
Hodder Education is a leading provider of print and digital teaching and learning resources for both the UK and international school and college markets. We put teachers and learners at the heart of what we do and, as such, are focused on combining new and exciting digital solutions with outstanding support for our customers.
The Hodder Education Group, part of Hachette UK, has consistently grown both in the UK and internationally. We work alongside schools and colleges to create books and digital resources that help teachers, students and parents. We have a set of core values that drive our culture and enrich our working environment:
- All teachers and students are at the heart of what we do
- Quality in everything, from our practices to our products
- Trustworthy in what we publish and how we interact
- Collaboration is key to how we work, internally and externally
The marketing team is a group of talented people who are creative, customer focused and keen to try out new ideas to generate the best response.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package together with a creative, fast-paced and fun working environment.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews and undertaking junior roles. For more information visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org