Marketing Manager, Little, Brown Book Group (Parental Leave Cover)
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be devising pitches and running marketing campaigns across our literary and commercial publishing. Working closely with editorial, sales, design and publicity you’ll create eye-catching marketing campaigns that make people want to pick up and read our books. The role is varied and provides good exposure to all elements of the marketing mix from traditional through to digital, from trade to consumer marketing.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a talented and creative individual to join our friendly and award-winning marketing team. This varied role and would suit an ambitious and enthusiastic individual who is keen to gain experience in a busy trade publisher.
- Drive and deliver on campaign marketing, working across both commercial and literary lists
- Work with the literary and commercial editorial teams to create effective, innovative pitches to acquire new authors as required
- Accountability for the marketing spend on allocated titles ensuring that budgets are used in a manner that is effective and appropriate
- Work closely with third party agencies, including media buyers, freelance designers and printers to deliver campaigns on budget
- A love of books and a clear understanding of the market
- Excellent skills in MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professional, proactive and organised
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Creative and proactive in seeking information
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, authors and agents
- Ability to prioritise and juggle competing demands
- Strong influencing and presentation skills
- Ability to work on wide variety of projects with tight deadlines
What we offer
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a talented team at a leading publisher.
As part of the marketing team you will enjoy unrivalled scope to explore the publishing industry and you’ll work with some with some of the biggest brand names in publishing, such as Robert Galbraith, Colson Whitehead, Clare Mackintosh, Sarah Waters, Celeste Ng, and Margaret Atwood.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.