North American Sales Assistant, Octopus Publishing Group
Who we are and what we do
Octopus Publishing Group is an award-winning and leading book publisher of non-fiction in the fields of food and drink, design, wellness, smart thinking, popular culture, gardening, craft, photography, sport, humour and reference. The group comprises of several imprints including Conran Octopus, Hamlyn, Mitchell Beazley, Aster, Philip’s, Spruce, Ilex, Cassell, Kyle Books, Summersdale, Pyramid, Endeavour and Monoray who all seek to produce the very best books in non-fiction publishing.
What you’ll be doing
Following growth in the US market, Octopus Publishing Group has a great opportunity for an organised and self-motivated sales assistant to join the North American Sales team. Reporting to the North American Sales Manager, you will be responsible for providing assistance and support within the fast-paced US sales team working on both co-edition titles and trade titles. Key responsibilities include:
• Managing the fulfilment of orders for distribution and co-edition deals in North America
• Working closely with the Hachette US team to help with all enquires on the Octopus, Kyle and Summersdale US and Canada lists
• Providing administrative support to the North American Sales team, liaising closely with our editorial and production departments
• Responsibility for preparation and follow-up required for the London & Frankfurt Book fairs as well as for other sales trips
• Creating catalogues and PowerPoint presentations for the biannual US sales conference.
Who we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will need to have good communication skills, an ability to work with a number of different IT systems and databases, excellent organisational skills, be able to pay close attention to detail and manage a varied workload. They will also be able to demonstrate initiative and drive in an attempt to help the department achieve its sales targets. An excellent command of written and spoken English is essential as are numeracy skills.
What we offer
This role is based in our London office on Victoria Embankment, as part of an experienced team in a dynamic working environment and offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The role allows the candidate to work within all aspects of the publishing process, liaising with editorial, production and design.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.