Pricing Analyst, Hachette UK
Who we are and what we do
Hachette UK is a leading UK publishing group. The group is made up of ten autonomous publishing divisions and over fifty imprints with a rich and diverse history. The newly created digital and online sales team works across our trade publishers, Headline, Hodder & Stoughton, John Murray Press, Quercus, Bookouture, Little, Brown, Orion, Hachette Children's Group and Octopus, covering sales across all formats to digital and online customers.
What you’ll be doing
In this role you will work with our senior data analyst and the rest of the digital and online team to review our pricing analyses and processes to date, look to introduce new approaches and report effectively on these to the wider business. The broader aim at all times is to maximise the sales of group ebooks, audiobooks and physical books across the Hachette trade publishers.
You will have the ability to work with non-technical colleagues to share results and influence future strategy for the benefit of the business and be eager to have a direct impact on the performance of one of the UK’s largest publishing groups.
The successful candidate will:
- Review current ebook pricing levels and assess opportunities for revenue increase
- Run sales analysis to assess current level of pricing and sales across titles, authors and genres
- Regularly work with divisional directors to communicate with companies, providing direct feedback as required
- Organise regular feedback sessions across companies and imprints
- Introduce and analyse flexible pricing across backlist titles to determine sales increase based on increased visibility
- Adjust pricing following promotional opportunities
- Work with Amazon team to review opportunities and analysis
- Test different genres and report on flexibility of pricing, in particular women’s fiction, SFF, Crime/Thriller
- Manage and educate on use of key tools, particularly Tableau, Vendor Central and Amazon Advertising
Who we’re looking for
We are looking to appoint a pricing analyst with the ability to improve efficiency and solve problems when dealing with multiple sources of data.
The ideal candidate would have experience as a research analyst and an education in a highly quantitative subject (ie maths, science, engineering). Knowledge of data visualisation interfaces such as Tableau or similar is essential, as is an interest in business analytics, and knowledge of Python and/or R is preferable. It would also be helpful if your background contains experience working with statistical modelling.
What we offer
This role is based in our London office, as part of an experienced team in a creative and dynamic working environment, and offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.