Production Administrator, Hodder Education
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for a full-time Production Administrator with proven experience. As part of a diverse, dynamic, and friendly Production team, this role will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Production dept, stock control and operations teams. This role will report to the Head of Production.
Key responsibilities include:
- Update Hodder Education systems/reports and provide accurate information relating to work in progress and forward load reports.
- Raising print instructions and regular monitoring to ensure all reprint requests have been actioned.
- Assist other departments, in matters relating to stock and data.
- Assist the Production Department in maintaining the Production systems and facilitate departmental/divisional tasks as directed by the Head of Production/ Production Manager.
- Assist Stock Controller with various monthly data cleansing checks, updating of Biblio fields, collation of OP/AB requests and weekly updating of new titles tracker.
- Communicate in a timely and professional manner with suppliers and colleagues in all departments/divisions.
- Keep up to date with the latest changes/developments with the company systems, including being a B3 super user.
- Organise any training for the Production Department, as directed by the Head of Production/ Production Manager
- Provide administrative assistance to the Business Operations Director/Production Managers.
- Assist with reprints as required.
- Manage the administrative side of global tenders. Ensuring audit administrative requirements are met
Who we are looking for
The successful candidate will need to:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication
- Be competent in organisation and planning.
- Have analytical skills and is able to interrogate data in order to draw conclusions
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft 365 including PowerPoint and first class knowledge of Excel
- Be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues/suppliers
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
What we offer
Our staff are our greatest asset and our benefits reflect this. In addition to 25 days annual leave days per year + bank holidays, we have an extensive list of benefits that include: a wide-ranging training library, development programmes including mentoring, Cycle to Work vouchers, Private Medical Insurance, eye care vouchers, up to 70% off book purchases, a charity book shelf, 2 volunteer days per year to use at your charity of choice, many employee networks to join, summer hours (finishing at 1pm on Fridays during the summer months!), season ticket loans, rent deposit loans, generous pension schemes and much more!
The role will be based at our London office, Carmelite House, with a blend of in-office (3 days) and homeworking (2 days) per week.
Who we are and what we do
At Hodder Education, we are proud to be one of the largest education publishers in the UK and internationally, with a broad range of products and services for teachers and students, from curriculum resources to assessment materials. We aim to make a difference to teachers and students by producing quality resources and services, while continuing to grow as a successful and profitable business. Our success is rooted in our values: putting teachers and students at the heart of what we do, improving quality year on year, working collaboratively, and being trustworthy in what we publish and how we work.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews and undertaking junior roles. For more information visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org