Production Assistant, Little, Brown Book Group
Who we are and what we do
Little, Brown Book Group is one of the most successful and dynamic publishers in the UK. We publish a broad and wide range of titles across all genres, priding ourselves on the quality, variety and diversity of our publishing programme. Our authors include Colson Whitehead, David Sedaris, Donna Tartt, Margaret Atwood, N.K. Jemisin, Nora Roberts, Sarah Waters, and Val McDermid.
What you’ll be doing
This is great opportunity for someone to learn the basics of Production within an open-plan and friendly but demanding office environment.
You will maintain our publishing programme, which means you will:
- Become proficient in our native publishing systems, leading to becoming a super-user.
- Become the first point of reliable contact in production for other departments and suppliers.
- To learn a broad-based knowledge of typesetting and the printing process.
- Produce reports, specifically in Excel.
- Help with our substantial reprint list and Print on Demand programme.
- Raise reprint estimates and purchase orders via the production systems to set and monitor budgets
- Represent Production at meetings to monitor and disseminate information on the progress of projects.
- Carry out quality checks on products being manufactured to ensure material meets divisional standards and product specifications
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a candidate who is organised, efficient and dependable, who has a basic knowledge of office requirements, and an ability to work well with others.
What we offer
This is an opportunity to join one of the most successful publishing companies working in a supportive and friendly environment. You will learn production skills that will lead to a career in publishing.
As part of Hachette UK, working at our fabulous riverside office, you will have access to competitive benefits and development schemes.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.