Professional Development and Training Manager (Fixed-Term), Hodder Education
Who we are and what we do
The Hodder Education Group, part of Hachette UK, has consistently grown both internationally and in the UK. We work alongside schools and colleges around the world to create books and digital resources that help teachers, students and parents. We have a set of core values that drive our culture and enrich our working environment:
- Teachers and students are at the heart of what we do
- Quality in everything from our practices to our products
- Trustworthy in what we publish and how we interact
- Collaboration is key to how we work, internally and externally
What you’ll be doing
This is an exciting role to support a new venture. You will be responsible for developing, commissioning and delivering Professional Development for eduu.school. Working alongside marketing, sales and content teams the role is expected to deliver quality, market-focused webinars and ‘in-schools’ programmes to support the customer journey from recruitment through to in-product training – with a view to aid both sales and renewals of eduu.school subscriptions. You will:
- Research, shape and deliver a PD plan, in conjunction with the sales, marketing, content and digital teams
- Act as speaker or facilitator at some webinars/events
- Recruit experienced speakers to deliver PD, managing contracts, payment and ensuring they represent eduu.school in a professional, on-brand way.
- Act as the liaison point between sales team and product specialists
- Contribute to and help create the eduu.school community
- Create support material for all types of PD event
- Liaise with the events support staff to ensure all logistics around delivery of PD are planned and executed in a timely and professional way
- Work towards a series of Key Performance Indicators, regularly monitoring and reporting to
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who is an excellent communicator and has experience or understanding of developing and delivering professional development programme. Additionally, experience within a secondary teaching environment would be beneficial.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package together with a creative and exciting working environment. Holiday leave is set to 25 days and Bank holidays.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.