Publicity Manager (Fixed Term Contract), Headline
What you’ll be doing
- Creating implementing and measuring innovative publicity campaigns to grow sales, raise author/book/product profile and brand awareness.
- Analysing the impact of publicity on sales working with sales, marketing and editorial
- Work on new business pitches where relevant
- Develop and maintain relationships with all areas of the media to secure positive coverage for new titles
- Organise and accompany authors to publicity events within the UK.
- Maximise opportunities for author/contributor events and attend events as required
- Expected to deliver a high quality of author/contributor /agent care at all times
- Working collaboratively with editorial, sales and marketing to ensure fully integrated campaigns.
Who we are looking for
This role is anticipated to start in mid-March and finish end of October. The ideal candidate will be confident and comfortable working independently, highly organised, with strong communication skills (including the ability to write copy). They will possess demonstrable familiarity with the UK consumer media, working with journalists, agents and talent, and will be able to use the full PR mix in a creative way.
They will have:
- An established PR background and experience of implementing the full PR mix with a consumer-focused approach.
- First class written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present and write effective copy
- A proactive approach to problem solving and identifying new approaches to existing procedures
- Proven project management skills
- An analytical approach and ability to interpret data and deliver concrete results
What we offer
Our staff are our greatest asset and our benefits reflect this. In addition to 25 days annual leave days per year + bank holidays, we have an extensive list of benefits that include: a wide-ranging training library, development programmes including mentoring, Cycle to Work vouchers, Private Medical Insurance, eye care vouchers, up to 70% off book purchases, a charity book shelf, 2 volunteer days per year to use at your charity of choice, many employee networks to join, summer hours (finishing at 1pm on Fridays during the summer months!), season ticket loans, rent deposit loans, generous pension schemes and much more!
The role will be based at our London office, Carmelite House, with a blend of in-office (3 days) and homeworking (2 days) per week.
Who we are and what we do
Headline has spent over three decades creating books people want to read and our passion for the commercial means we are home to some of the UK’s biggest-selling authors and continue to invest in new talent with bestseller potential. Among those authors are, Victoria Hislop, Neil Gaiman, Maggie O’Farrell, Bryony Gordon and a roster of comedians, chefs and media personalities including Matthew McConaughey, Raymond Blanc, Nadiya Hussein and James Acaster.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews and undertaking junior roles. For more information visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org