Royalty Administrator (Fixed-Term Contract), Hachette UK
Who we are and what we do
We are seeking to recruit an Administrator on a fixed term basis who will be responsible for the administration and support of statements, advances, sub-rights and queries for Hachette’s publishers, working within a Royalties team.
During Parallel run the position will be to support and ensure that the data in the new system is input and maintained in line with the old royalty system. You will be liaising and supporting the royalty team and gain a good understanding of any key issues with Authors and Agents, to ensure that they are addressed and followed up accordingly.
This position will be a supporting role and helping the Royalties managers with the timely payment of advances, rights income and royalties, with half yearly royalty statements being produced and checked in line with deadlines. Monthly tax reporting, both VAT and withholding tax documentation will need to be completed and Author/Agent queries answered in a timely fashion.
What you’ll be doing
- Interpret contracts and accurately set up relevant details in both the old (Vista) and new (Alliant) Royalty systems.
- Reviewing both ingoing and outgoing statements.
- Deal with queries internally and externally, via post, email and phone.
- Triage high severity issues and liaise with the Head of Royalties and Royalties Managers, to ensure issues are handled in a timely fashion
- Aid Royalty managers creating business focus reports, balances, royalty earnings etc.
- Ad Hoc tasks as required
Who we’re looking for
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Clear, concise communication skills
- Proven attention to detail, positive attitude and good decision-making skills
- A good proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Extremely organised and methodical
- Highly numerate
- Be friendly and helpful in person and on the phone
- Ability to understand basic contractual language
- Experience in the publishing industry would be an advantage as would experience of system change
What we offer
This is an exciting opportunity to join an experienced Royalty team working across all divisions within Hachette UK. We are currently in the middle of a project to update to a new Royalty system, Alliant. We are looking for someone with excellent teamwork skills who is able to provide support to the existing Royalty managers. This role will give you a great insight into the Royalty process at a publishing company, close involvement with project work and opportunity for future development within the company.
Once it’s safe to return this role will be based in our London office on Victoria embankment, with occasional travel to the offices near Oxford.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews and undertaking junior roles. For more information visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org