Senior Designer for IP/Licensing, Hachette Children's Group
Who we are and what we do
Hachette Children’s Group (HCG) is one of the largest children’s publishers in the UK, with an excellent track record in creating bestselling and award-winning books for children of all ages, with baby and pre-school books, picture books, gift, fiction, non-fiction, series fiction, books for the school and library market and licensed publishing.
We are recruiting for two Senior Designers for IP/Licensing - one role is permanent and one is fixed term parental leave cover.
What you’ll be doing
An exciting opportunity has arisen for TWO highly creative and organised senior designers to join us to work on our Licensing and IP publishing. The role will involve creating covers and interiors for children of all ages, taking concepts through to final design, sourcing and commissioning illustrators.
- Designing books (covers and interiors) for in-house brands and license properties;
- Designing activity, sticker and colouring books, board books, novelty books and gift sets;
- Managing scheduling of titles into production, meeting budgets and deadlines;
- Working closely with the editors and Art Directors in the development of new and existing titles, and taking books from concept through to print ready files
- Work closely with licensor style guides to ensure brand values are communicated in all design work
- Ensure all design work accurately fulfils the brief;
- Ensure administration, including approvals and file management, is up-to-date and accurate.
Who we’re looking for
It’s a busy, fun team, and the ideal candidate will have drive, energy, and a demonstrable passion for making fantastically commercial books. You will need the ability to manage a busy workload, work well within our in-house team, as well as liaise with Licensors and studios from initial pitches, through to the printed book. An awareness of the Children's book market and wider cultural trends will be vital for the development of this list. Candidates must be experienced in working with brands and demonstrate considerable expertise in cover and page layout design. This is not a role for a visualiser or illustrator.
What we offer
This is an exciting opportunity for a middleweight designer who is ready to take the next step up, or a senior designer looking for new opportunities. The role is based in our London office on Victoria Embankment.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.